Backend Engineer (m/f)
Adikteev is a mobile advertising company which provides advertisers and app developers with a global solution for their communication needs in every step of the user’s lifetime: from awareness through branding and qualified traffic to conversion through user acquisition and retargeting. The strength of Adikteev is to deliver ROI thanks to the unique combination of state-of-the-art creative technology, data, and artificial intelligence. Thus, Adikteev follows mobile users’ behavior closely and addresses them with a message adapted to each brand’s needs.
Adikteev now has over 100 employees, 30% of them being engaged in R&D. The Company that generates double-digit million-euro revenues, is profitable and is growing rapidly. Adikteev is present internationally, with offices in Berlin (Germany), Paris (France), New York City and San Francisco (USA).
Adikteev received many rewards in 2017:
- Deloitte Extenso Fast 50, rewarding fast growth tech companies. Adikteev is the 2nd best tech company in France;
- Deloitte Extenso Fast 500 EMEA: Adikteev is N°12 of the 500 best tech companies in EMEA;
- Adikteev is 8th out of 100 outstanding French Start-ups, according to EY.
Moreover, Adikteev received the label “Happy at work”.
Adikteev is now looking for a talented and experienced Backend Engineer to join its Software Engineering team in Berlin as soon as possible to extend the real-time bidding platform, boost advertising performance and optimize the existing services to scale up from the current peak time load of 1 million successful requests per second.
- Actively developing, supporting and optimizing of our real-time advertising platform;
- Writing readable, modular and well structured code;
- Document platform evolution;
- Communicating and cooperating with Data Science and Data Engineering teams in order to extract business value from our huge data pipeline.
- Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or comparable studies;
- You have 1 - 2 years experience in writing production-ready code;
- You are a creative, curious, out of the box thinker, and technically rigorous;
- You take initiatives to test as you learn systematically about new things;
- You enjoy to be challenged and to solve complex business problems on a daily basis;
- You are able to work in teams and collaborate with others to clarify requirements and design solutions;
- You love it to share your work through simple words with everybody;
- You have an excellent understanding of OOP concepts;
- You have strong development skills with a constant focus on robustness, automation, testing and monitoring;
- Communication skills: All your work requires a huge amount of teamwork and maturity.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Familiarity with Big Data systems and messaging queues (Cassandra, Spark, ElasticSearch, Redshift, Kafka);
- Experience working in programmatic advertising industry;
- Familiarity with CoffeeScript and/or Ruby programming languages.
- Full responsibility for your working area from day one;
- 30 days of paid vacation and flexible working hours;
- An entrepreneurial environment with a family-like demeanor and competitive compensation system;
- A modern office space in the center of Berlin, a great team, an excellent on-boarding process, individual training budge and a long-term career plan;
Support in relocation and other administrative issues if needed.
Other good reasons to join us:
- Regular company breakfast, lunches and barbecues to share knowledge & socialize;
- Enjoying free drinks and coffee with your colleagues;
- Playing FIFA or football table with your team;
- After work beers.
- Start date: ASAP
- Location: Berlin
- Contract type: full-time / indefinite