Backend Engineer (m/f)
Adikteev is a French digital marketing company that operates in two lines of business: « Adikteev FOR BRANDS », which increases digital brand & product awareness, as well as « Adikteev FOR APPs » which retargets app users and convert them into customers.
The foundation of these lines of business is the combination of Adikteev’s three technologies: Creative technology, artificial intelligence algorithms and mobile DSP.
Adikteev currently has over 110 employees, 30% of them contribute to the R&D of the company.
Aside from growing rapidly, the company has been generating double-digit million-euro revenues.
It is based in Paris (France), Berlin (Germany), New York City and San Francisco (USA).
Adikteev received many international rewards:
- 2017 Deloitte Extenso Fast 50 — an award that recognizes tech companies that have demonstrated exceptional growth in turnover in the last 4 years:
- Adikteev is ranked 2nd in best tech companies in France; 1st in Ile-de- France, and 1st in the area of “Internet, Media & Telecoms.”
- Deloitte Extenso Fast 500 EMEA: Adikteev is ranked 12th amongst 500 best tech companies in EMEA.
- Adikteev is ranked 10th in Inc Magazine’s 5000 Europe — an annual list that identifies the top 5000 fastest growing private companies in Europe.
- According to EY, Adikteev is listed as the 8th most outstanding French Startup.
- French Tech Pass: Adikteev is listed in FrenchWeb’s top 100 best French tech companies.
- Adikteev is recognized as a member of “BPI France Excellence.”
- Adikteev has been rewarded the label “Happy At Work.”
Adikteev is now looking for a talented and experienced Backend Engineer to join its Software Engineering team in Berlin as soon as possible to extend the real-time bidding platform, boost advertising performance and optimize the existing services to scale up from the current peak time load of 1 million successful requests per second.
- Actively developing, supporting and optimizing of our real-time advertising platform;
- Writing readable, modular and well structured code;
- Document platform evolution;
- Communicating and cooperating with Data Science and Data Engineering teams in order to extract business value from our huge data pipeline.
- Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or comparable studies;
- You have 1 - 2 years experience in writing production-ready code;
- You are a creative, curious, out of the box thinker, and technically rigorous;
- You take initiatives to test as you learn systematically about new things;
- You enjoy to be challenged and to solve complex business problems on a daily basis;
- You are able to work in teams and collaborate with others to clarify requirements and design solutions;
- You love it to share your work through simple words with everybody;
- You have an excellent understanding of OOP concepts;
- You have strong development skills with a constant focus on robustness, automation, testing and monitoring;
- Communication skills: All your work requires a huge amount of teamwork and maturity.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Familiarity with Big Data systems and messaging queues (Cassandra, Spark, ElasticSearch, Redshift, Kafka);
- Experience working in programmatic advertising industry;
- Familiarity with CoffeeScript and/or Ruby programming languages.
- Full responsibility for your working area from day one;
- 30 days of paid vacation and flexible working hours;
- An entrepreneurial environment with a family-like demeanor and competitive compensation system;
- A modern office space in the center of Berlin, a great team, an excellent on-boarding process, individual training budge and a long-term career plan;
Support in relocation and other administrative issues if needed.
Other good reasons to join us:
- Regular company breakfast, lunches and barbecues to share knowledge & socialize;
- Enjoying free drinks and coffee with your colleagues;
- Playing FIFA or football table with your team;
- After work beers.
- Start date: ASAP
- Location: Berlin
- Contract type: full-time / indefinite